Thursday, September 13, 2012

Brother bear


Boden bear is nine weeks and fitting right into the family. I can tell he's starting to love brother Thatcher more than mom and dad, but I saw that one coming. Since we brought him home, he's been sleeping upstairs with us. Last night though, Thatcher was downstairs when we went to bed, so Boden just cried until I brought him downstairs to join Thatcher. Of course, in the middle of the night when Thatcher assumed his usual sleeping position upstairs in the doorway of our bedroom, Boden got stuck alone downstairs. He doesn't do big flights of stairs yet. So I had to climb out of bed and run downstairs to get him. Then I got to listen to him bark at Thatcher whenever he woke up and got bored. I miss my sleep.

Everything else has been going smoothly though. Letting them outside and inside is a breeze, Boden just shadows everything Thatcher does. Now if only his bladder will grow so I don't have to clean up accidents every twelve minutes. I taught him "sit" this week. Well, I can't take full credit for it. He literally picked it up after the first time. He's so smart, it's kind of alarming. I'm planning on picking up some training treats and working on a few more commands this weekend. I also foresee a trip to the dog park in the near future. We haven't brought Boden to any water source yet, so I'm curious to see what he thinks.

No comments:

Post a Comment