Thursday, July 19, 2012

Bathtub boy

When Thatcher was a little guy, I used to plop him into the bathtub after our morning walks. This was not a punishment, much to the contrary. He's always been infatuated with water. Plus thick black fur makes hot weather slightly unbearable. So on those muggy 90 degree mornings, Thatcher and I would make a quick loop around the block for exercise. When we got home to our apartment, I'd fill up the bathtub with a couple of inches of water and he would lay there for 10 or 15 minutes until he cooled back down. I have videos of this. Our 10 week old little bear cub impatiently pawing at the bathtub, waiting for me to lift him up and into it.

Apparently he has remained quite fond of bathtubs. Throughout the past year, we've occasionally come across muddy paw prints in the tub. We were slightly puzzled, but thought maybe Thatcher was looking for water from the faucet or something. The mystery was solved the other morning, when I waltzed into the bathroom to find Thatcher nonchalantly napping in the tub. It completely startled me and made me jump. But he glanced up, saw it was me, and went right back to sleep. As if it's a perfectly normal place to be dozing. Yeah, I'm the crazy one.

No comments:

Post a Comment